Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving


I attended a spinning class this week. The instructor (my daughter) played her Thanksgiving soundtrack. The above is one of the songs.

Google "gratitude" and you'll get hundreds of quotations. Here are just three.
There are days when I walk through the center of Stockholm when I get this sudden feeling of happiness - a sense of belonging and at the same time gratitude that I'm so privileged that I can live my life in my city. Bjorn Ulvaeus
I hope all reading this can honestly replace the word Stockholm with the name of the city they live in. I'm glad to live in South Bend. I do think it's interesting that the writer talks about walking instead of riding. I'm much more likely to appreciate places when I walk.
It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up. Eckhart Tolle
We learned about gratitude and humility - that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean... and we were taught to value everyone's contribution and treat everyone with respect. Michelle Obama


No comments: