Monday, May 26, 2014

Browsing in the library, I found the book above.  It contains pictures of meals from fifty novels including Lolita, The Bell Jar, Bllueberries for Sal and the meal below from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Each meal picture is accompanied by a relevant passage from the book and some miscellaneous facts about the book and/or the foods in the picture.  The miscellany for this picture includes the fact that Blomkvist and Lisbeth consume thirty to forty sandwiches in the course of the novel.  I don’t remember the sandwiches, but I remember that one teaspoon of milk was usually added to the espresso.

The author, aptly named Fried, cooked and photographed the meals pictured in this book  It’s a great reading diary, and it inspires me to pay more attention to the food I read about and imagine how I might arrange it for a photograph.

No comments: