Sunday, August 23, 2015

Perspective



I was doing a little skimming of statics about this blog.  My first post was September 9, 2015, so soon to be ten years ago. There are a total of 543 posts.  That means there have been an average of 54 posts a year or about one a week. My stats also show that I have a relatively low readership.  This summer, I went a full month without a post.  I’m not sure why I do this, but it satisfies something in me.  It’s not like a diary—more like an opportunity to affirm or figure out what I believe.  On rare occasions I look at old posts and usually, I’m pleased to see that it is an insight that still means something to me. 

At some point in those ten years, I must have posted a picture of the earth and the sky.  I was thinking recently about those views of earth and how unfathomable it is to imagine being part of that.  When I mentioned this to my meditation teacher, he said, “Not part of it, you are it.”
 Maybe.  From another perspective, I can stand on the earth and look at clouds.  The clouds help me see the depth behind them, help me see what I’m part of or what I am.

No comments: