Saturday, April 28, 2007

Camino Map

From http://www.willemswebs.com/album/camino/trip4.htm
May 3, 2007
Today was the first real relaxing day since I left South Bend. I spent time drinking coffee (cafe con leche) and writing in my journal before starting to walk. I walked for an hour or so with a father and son from Brazil. Then I spent most of the rest of the day walking alone which I needed. Walking up mountains, walking down, looking out at vast vistas of mountains and fields and villages. Some highways and towns. Infinite shades of green.
I liked Pamplona a lot and had fantasies of moving there. Completely a fantasy. Now I am in Puenta de la Reina (Bridge of the Queen). I walked past many windmills today--very modern and a bit ominous like giant mechanical soldiers. Riding the bus from Madrid to the start of the walk and again today, I think I have seen hundreds of windmills. I wonder how much energy they provide Spain. It has been a beautiful and tiring day, and the refugios is full of an Irish walking group to keep me in touch with my heritage.

No comments: