Monday, August 11, 2014

Complaining, cont'd



Writing about complaining is, I’m sure, the reason I find something about complaining every time I turn on my computer.  The tech spies have marked me.  Here Mark Epstein writes about anger:

If you are angry and you meditate to get rid of your anger, you will only frustrate yourself. Meditate because you are angry, not to eliminate it. Thich Nhar Hanh says we must learn how to hold anger like a baby: we need to learn how to be angry, not how to express or repress it. Whenever we take any emotion and make it into an It (as in "I can't stand it any longer" or "I have to get it out of my system"), we are in trouble.

Complaints, mainly, are a form of anger.  (Yes, when I make a negative evaluation about something,  it can be sharing information or complaining.)  I wonder if I can remember to hold my angry complaints like a baby.

No comments: