Monday, May 13, 2013

The Last Great Lesson


Yesterday morning, while driving my car, I heard a piece of an NPR interview with Amy Grant.  I’m not a follower of Grant, but I found very idea very touching. 
In the last few years, just through different circumstances, I've learned some really amazing tools in life. The biggest thing is framing difficult circumstances in a way that helps you see the value can change everything. And the first time that I really was stopped in my tracks with that experience was when I was really having a throw-down fit one night with a trusted friend of mine. It was late one night. We were outside. This was a few years ago. My mom and dad both needed 'round-the-clock care, and I'm frustrated and angry and they didn't deserve this. And my friend, who had already buried both of her parents, she just looked at me and said: Take a deep breath. She said: Don't you see, this is the last great lesson your parents will teach you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES! YES!
beautiful!